Boost Your 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with an Exciting Solar Roof and Optimized Motor
The Sonata is Hyundai’s longest-running model, and it has come a long way since it first began production in 1986. Long known as a top pick among luxury mid-size sedans, the 2020 Hyundai Sonata is now making waves with an innovative solar roof on its hybrid models. Set to make its official debut this spring, the 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with Solar Roof offers powerful specs and a sporty design that sets it apart from other hybrids and electric vehicles. Take your first look at the newest, most advanced iteration of the Sonata with Hiley Hyundai’s guide to the specs and features of this highly-anticipated new release.
Image via Flickr by theKCB
The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has an impressive combined fuel economy of 45 to 47 miles per gallon depending on whether you select 17-inch wheels or opt for the smaller but slightly more efficient 16-inch set. This year’s model of the Sonata will have the same six-speed automatic transmission and 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine as the 2019 release, with the powertrain providing a total of 192 horsepower. Although this is almost indistinguishable from the 2019 model’s 193 total horsepower, the inclusion of the ASC transmission programming provides drivers with a more powerful, smoother drive.
Innovative Solar Roof
Other than its electric motor, the biggest difference between the 2020 Hyundai Sonata hybrid and its gas-burning counterpart is the inclusion of a cleverly designed solar roof, the first of its kind for Hyundai. The solar panel, which is discreetly integrated into the Sonata’s roof, maintains battery charge and can add over 700 miles of drive time per year when charging at least six hours per day.
By preventing battery drain and adding two miles to your driving range each day simply by soaking up the sun’s rays, the 2020 Sonata’s solar roof revolutionizes efficiency for hybrid cars. It also saves you money by harnessing free energy from the sun to power your daily drive. But with about 680 miles of range, the 2020 Hyundai Sonata can take you where you need to go rain or shine. Hyundai also offers complimentary tuneups and maintenance for the first three years, keeping you on the road with your solar roof charging.
The 2020 Sonata Hybrid is built with more than functionality in mind. Unlike other electric vehicles, the 2020 Sonata demands attention with a sleek sports coupe shape, hidden LED lighting, timeless chrome trim, fastback styling, and rear spoiler. The dramatic and luxurious design continues throughout the Sonata’s interior with a 10-inch high-resolution touchscreen interface and other thoughtful touches.
Active Shift Control Technology
Despite having the same sporty silhouette as its conventionally powered twin, the Sonata Hybrid has more than the solar roof to make it unique. The 2020 Sonata with Solar Roof features the world’s first Active Shift Control technology in a hybrid car, using cutting-edge technology developed right here at Hyundai. Active Shift Control software monitors and adjusts rotation speeds in the transmission 500 times each second, creating a fluid, responsive driving experience that reduces shift times by 30% while also making smoother transitions between gears. ASC also improves fuel economy, optimizing your Sonata’s performance in more ways than one.
Tech and Features
Also new on the 2020 Sonata is the app-based Hyundai digital key that offers convenient remote engine start and keyless entry access that you can share with friends and family. The app gives you the power to decide who can use which features, making the digital key a perfect feature for households with teen drivers. One of the most exciting features on the 2020 Sonata is the Blind Spot View Camera, which provides a live video feed of your blind spot when changing lanes. These thoughtful touches keep you aware of your surroundings and put you in control each time you step behind the wheel. The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid also comes with a comprehensive suite of other driver assistance and safety features such as:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection: Using a combination of radar and camera signals, the Sonata will notify you of potential collisions and apply the brakes in emergencies.
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go: The Sonata responds to the vehicles around you based on your personalized speed settings, automatically activating within three seconds of movement.
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist: Enjoy peace of mind with light automatic braking if you try to change lanes with another car in your blind spot.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist: Advanced sensors alert you to approaching vehicles when backing up and even activate the brakes to keep you safe.
- Lane Following Assist: LFA keeps your vehicle centered using a discrete front-view camera that identifies lane markers on the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Sonata will alert you if your car begins to drift to another lane, and provide gentle corrective steering to keep you on track.
- Highway Drive Assist: Along with other helpful features, the Highway Drivessist connects to GPS and highway data to set the perfect speed for highway driving.
- High Beam Assist: The Sonata adjusts your high beams automatically, switching to low when oncoming vehicles approach and turning back up when they pass.
- Driver Attention Warning: Avoid drowsy driving with this safety feature that monitors driving patterns to identify patterns of inattentive driving, keeping you safe and alert on the road.
- Rear Occupant Alert: If you travel with kids or pets, you can have extra peace of mind with this helpful reminder to check the backseat before locking the car.
Find Your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid in Dallas Fort Worth
The exciting 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid won’t be the last we see of the Sonata, especially with the powerful N-line prototype on the horizon for 2021. But for those looking for an attractive, powerful take on an electric vehicle, it will be hard to find a more exciting hybrid to drive in 2020. Come visit us at Hiley Hyundai of Fort Worth to take our range of Sonatas for a spin and see the power of a Hyundai Hybrid first hand. We can also help with finding any specialty car parts and helping with car services like oil changes or tuneups for your vehicle.